Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


Kathy,

Happy Anniversary. Thirty years! Is it really possible? I still remember well that summer afternoon when we each said, "I do!" At that time we could hardly imagine thirty years together. We weren't even thirty years old.

You are a gift from God. I treasure the fact that you are my wife and feel completely unworthy to be called your husband. I can only wonder why I have been so blessed. Words fail me as I try to express my gratitude to God and my love for you.

Reflecting back over thirty years reminds me of so many experiences we have shared. From the human perspective there are so many things I would change. Then I am reminded of the sovereignty of God in our lives. Our journey has been one of his choices for us together. We have experienced the mountain tops and the valleys, incredible joys and deep sorrows. I am thankful that we have been at each other's sides for each of these experiences.

My prayer is that my love for you will continue to grow and become more and more like Christ's love for his church. I love you and cherish our time together. And as strange as these words may seem, I look forward to growing old together with you.

All my love,

Joe

No comments: